This is a light and moist banana cupcake! Its moreish and you would just be like me – Can’t eat just one and reach out for the next one. If you prefer, do add cinnamon and walnuts or chocolate chips to this Banana cupcake and Enjoy!
Other than being a foodie, I enjoy scribbling down my thoughts and musings, if interested you can read at
A light and moist banana cupcake! It’s moreish and you would just be like me -Can't eat just one and reach out for the next one. If you prefer, do add cinnamon, chocolate chips or walnuts to this Banana cupcake and Enjoy!
This yummy Banana cupcake can be made with plain flour and gluten free flour. There is Vegan option also - 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg or else use the Egg replacer as per the pack instructions.
- Note : To make Self-Rising flour at home - Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for each 150g / 6oz / 1cup plain flour (or G.F). Add the plain flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk well. Self-Rising flour is ready.Then please follow the instructions as below to make the cupcakes.
- Dry ingredients
- 1¼ cup (140g) Self-Rising flour (or gluten-free Self-Rising flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (use gluten free for gluten free option)
- ⅔ cup (135g) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Wet ingredients
- ⅓ cup (80ml) Vegetable oil (Sunflower oil)
- 2 medium sized bananas mashed (140g)
- 2 medium eggs ( Vegan option - 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F (180°C Fan – 200°C – Gas 6).
2. Prepare 12 silicone cupcake moulds. Alternatively use a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
3. Mash 2 medium sized bananas. (140 grams)
4. Mix well all the listed dry ingredients in one bowl.
5. Mix well all the listed wet ingredients in another bowl.
6. Then mix both wet and dried ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix as it will result in a dense cupcake.
7. Pour the mixture into the prepared cupcake cases.
8. The mixture should not be more than 3/4th of the case.
9. Bake for 18 - 25 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cupcake comes out clean.
10. Un-mould from the silicone cases and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
11. Enjoy these moist fluffy banana cupcakes!
All rights reserved. © collectingrecipes.com
Amount Per Serving Calories 386Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 29mgSodium 768mgCarbohydrates 68gFiber 3gSugar 16gProtein 8g
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.