A delicious chocolate and pears cupcake! The cocoa flavour complements the pears and makes it so delicious and you would just be like me – Can’t eat just one and reach out for the next one. Enjoy!
These delicious chocolate and pears cupcakes can be made with plain flour and gluten free flour. There is Vegan option also – 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg or else use the Egg replacer as per the pack instructions ( link in Recommended products.)
I made this cupcake as part of this cupcake platter recipe, link – Cupcake platter (Gluten free and Vegan option also) If you would like to make only specific flavours top up the cupcakes only with your chosen ingredients. For each individual cupcakes, please go through the detailed step by step instructions and pictures which will help you bake these cupcakes, link – Cupcake platter (Gluten free and Vegan option also)
I have scaled up the recipe for chocolate and pears flavour for 12 cupcakes based on Original recipe link – Cupcake platter (Gluten free and Vegan option also)
- Dry ingredients
- 1⅓ cup (150g) Self-Rising flour (or gluten-free Self-Rising flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (use gluten free for gluten free option)
- ¾ cup (150g) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (25g) (add more for a more ‘chocolatey’ cupcake)
- Wet ingredients
- ⅓ cup + 2 teaspoons (90ml) Vegetable oil (Sunflower oil)
- 1-2 pears (144grams) chopped into small pieces (or grated)
- 2 medium eggs ( Vegan option - 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F (180°C Fan – 200°C – Gas 6).
2. Prepare 12 silicone cupcake moulds. Alternatively use a 12 cupcake tray with cases.
3. Mix well all the listed dry ingredients in one bowl.
4. Mix well all the listed wet ingredients in another bowl.
5. Then mix both wet and dried ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix as it will result in a dense cupcake.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared cupcake cases.
7. The mixture should not be more than 3/4th of the case.
8. Bake for 22 - 30 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of each cupcake comes out clean.
9. Un-mould from the silicone cases and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
10. I used store bought Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream Style Icing. The cupcakes taste great without icing too!
11. Enjoy these delicious chocolate and pears cupcakes!
All rights reserved. © collectingrecipes.com
Note : To make self-rising flour - Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for each 150g / 6oz / 1cup plain flour. Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk well. Use this self rising flour as part of the dry ingredients listed above.
Amount Per Serving Calories 143 Total Fat 2g Saturated Fat 0g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 27mg Sodium 261mg Carbohydrates 29g Fiber 2g Sugar 15g Protein 3g
Do let me know – Did you enjoy this delicious chocolate and pears cinnamon cupcake?
Please find my other cupcake recipes :