A Delicious Healthier refined sugar free oil free butter free banana bread! This banana bread uses 4 bananas and its healthier.
But I have to admit that I end up having more slices and wonder was it healthy to have these many slices 🙂
Regarding the recipe, you can make this banana bread to use up the extra bananas left. We have some ripened bananas left and I make a banana bread or cupcake to use them up.
Banana cupcake recipe here – Can’t eat just one Banana cupcake
To make this banana bread healthier, I’ve replaced butter/oil with double/heavy cream. And instead of sugar used healthier Jaggery. Jaggery is a dark, coarse, unrefined sugar made from the sap of a variety of palm tree or from the sugar cane juice. It has a sweet, rich and fudgey caramel flavour .
The jaggery flavour complements the banana and makes it so delicious and you would just be like me – Can’t eat just one slice and reach out for the next one. Add chocolate chips if you like. Enjoy!
Other than being a foodie, I enjoy scribbling down my thoughts and musings, if interested you can read at
A delicious refined sugar free and oil/butter free banana bread! The jaggery flavour complements the banana and makes it so delicious and you would just be like me - Can't eat just one slice and reach out for the next one. Enjoy!
#eggreplacer #cake #cakerecipes #cupcakes #bananabread #cupcakerecipeseasy #sweets #desserts #dessertfoodrecipes #dessertrecipes #cakes #fruit #fruitcake #deliciousdesserts #delicious
#breakfast #brunch #snackideas #snackideas #snackrecipes #dinnerideas #dinnerrecipes #dinnertime #food #cookingrecipes #baking #sugar
- Dry ingredients
- 1¼ cup (200g) Self-Rising flour (may substitute gluten-free Self-Rising flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (use gluten free for gluten free option)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cashew nuts/walnuts chopped (optional)
- Wet ingredients
- 4 medium ripened bananas mashed (375grams)
- 1 cup double cream/heavy cream
- 200g unrefined jaggery melted
- 3 medium eggs ( Egg free option - 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F (180°C Fan – 200°C – Gas 6).
2. Prepare a loaf tin.
3. Mix well all the listed dry ingredients in one bowl.
4. Mix well all the listed wet ingredients in another bowl.
5. Then mix both wet and dried ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix as it will result in a dense bread.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
7. Bake for 60 - 80 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of the banana bread comes out clean.
8. Remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy this delicious little healthier banana bread!
All rights reserved. © collectingrecipes.com
Note : To make self-rising flour - Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for each 150g / 6oz / 1cup plain flour. Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk well. Use this self rising flour as part of the dry ingredients listed above.
Melt jaggery in microwave in low power.
Amount Per Serving Calories 233Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 63mgSodium 267mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 22gProtein 4g
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.
Please find my other cupcake recipes :