Delicious Home made Addictive Chicken Biriyani. This dish is flavourful and addictive and can be made to impress guests! The most flavourful Biriyani I have had so far! If you prefer a less hot dish reduce the quantity of green chillies.
I hope you enjoy this Indian delicacy as much as we enjoyed!
Other than being a foodie, I enjoy scribbling down my thoughts and musings, if interested you can read at
Delicious Home made Addictive Chicken Biriyani. This dish is flavourful and addictive and can be made to impress guests! The most flavourful Biriyani I have had so far! If you prefer a less hot dish reduce the quantity of green chillies.I hope you enjoy this Indian delicacy as much as we enjoyed!
- All rights reserved © collectingrecipes.com
- To marinate :
- 1.2 lb (0.75 kg) chicken in bone (can be Chicken thighs or drumsticks or mix)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (sour yogurt if possible)
- 1 tsp salt
- To saute:
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic
- 7-8 green chillies
- 3 large red onions finely chopped
- Black pepper powder to season
- Salt to season
- To make rice:
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3-4 clove
- 2-3 cinnamon small 1/2 inch pieces
- 4-5 cardamom
- 2 small red onions
- 2 cups good quality Basmati rice
- Boiling water
- 2 tsp salt
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- To garnish
- 2 large red onions sliced
- Handful of raisins
- Handful of cashew nuts
- Handful Coriander leaves/ Cilantro chopped
- Mix chicken with yogurt and salt as listed under "To Marinate section". Marinate for 45min.
- Meanwhile add 2 tsp ginger chopped, 1 tsp garlic chopped coarsely and 7-8 green chillies to a grinder and make a coarse paste. Basically it would have a crushed texture.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the crushed ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and onion as mentioned under "To saute section" along with a pinch of salt and cook slowly on low heat until the onion is translucent. It might take approximately 10 mins.
- Add the marinated chicken to the sauteed mixture and add a little water and increase the heat to medium and allow to boil for 5 mins.
- Taste and if required at this stage add black pepper powder and salt and mix well.
- Reduce the heat and allow the chicken to cook well.
- Switch off the heat when dish becomes a thick gravy. Add handful of chopped coriander leaves and close the pan.
- To make rice, take a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Get ready ingredients listed under "To make rice section"
- On low heat, melt butter. Do not increase heat and make sure the butter does not get burnt.
- Add clove, cinnamon, cardamom, red onions and fry lightly till golden brown.
- Add Basmati rice and fry lightly and then add required amount of water, salt and turmeric and cook as per the cooking instructions on pack of Basmati rice.
- As listed under the "To garnish section", In a different pan, add 3- tbsp oil and fry the sliced red onions till golden brown as in the picture. Ensure the onions do not get burn as it would taste bitter.
- Fry the cashew nuts and raisins as well.
- To assemble the Biriyani dish, Take a large deep vessel.
- Add half of the cooked rice delicately without breaking the grains as the first layer.
- On top of it add the cooked chicken gravy prepared. Add a little of the fried red onions kept for garnishing on top.
- Again add the remaining half of cooked rice. Garnish with remaining fried red onions, cashew nuts and raisins and chopped cilantro/ coriander leaves.
- Serve warm and enjoy this dish!
All rights reserved © collectingrecipes.com
Amount Per Serving Calories 968Total Fat 52gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 32gCholesterol 201mgSodium 2232mgCarbohydrates 74gFiber 8gSugar 25gProtein 57g
*Nutritional Disclaimer: Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.