A DELICIOUS No fuss One bowl easy Simple Moist Chocolate cake (vegan option also)! The addition of chopped white chocolate makes it so so delicious.
There are some personal stories mentioned in this post which I usually don’t , if you do not prefer to read please skip the below and go directly to the recipe.
I developed this cake recipe to show that I care for one of my family members.
Some years ago I became a Christian and it did create a strain in the family relationships. Coming from a conservative family I knew that the news that I accepted Jesus as my Saviour wouldn’t be well received as changing religion is something not limited to a person, but have a wider impact on the family.
I had heard about Jesus many a times as the God of the Christians. I had seen a sculpture on which Jesus was crucified. But why was He crucified and is Jesus really God – i never had time to think about all these matters in my busy daily schedule.
But a time came in life and I did realise this Jesus – the God of the Christians – is real.
The fact that the blood of Jesus can cleanse one’s sins – I heard it many a times through out the years. But once I experienced that, I realised that all my guilt is gone and I did have the assurance that after my death I will definitely go to heaven.
I used to hear that everyone is a sinner and I couldn’t just get it. Morally i was doing many good deeds. So when someone said that Jesus will forgive your sins, I didn’t think it was something for me. Later as time passed, God slowly started showing that what we think good deeds is only in man’s sight. God’s standards are high and my good deeds are nothing. I came to a point that I did realise that I am also in need of a SAVIOUR who can save me from my sins. I asked Jesus to forgive my sins. I could personally experience the guilt gone and the blood of Jesus cleansed me from my sins. It was so true and it did strengthen my faith in Jesus and I did believe that Jesus can forgive one’s sins.
If interested, in detail, https://collectingrecipes.com/how-did-i-meet-with-the-true-real-god
The moment my sins were cleansed in the blood of Jesus, I knew Jesus is real. For me, it was a matter of being strong in my new found faith and trying to stick to it without compromise. Initially my family was angry with me, but over the years it has mellowed down.
We still have our differences, but still I care for my family and I wanted to let them know that I do care for them. And a small way to show that was to bake a cake.
Before starting I prayed to God to help me, as i didn’t want to bin the cake if it turns out bad.
I started to add ingredients and then note it down as I made up the recipe. The end result was really good 🙂 Thank God!
A no fuss delicious One bowl easy simple moist chocolate cake (vegan option also)! The addition of chopped white chocolate makes it so delicious and you would just be like me - Can't eat just one slice and reach out for the next one. Enjoy!
- Dry ingredients
- 2 cups (325g) Self-Rising flour (may substitute gluten-free Self-Rising flour)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (450g)sugar
- 2 tsp roast coffee powder
- 1/2 cup (50g) good quality cocoa powder
- Wet ingredients
- 3/4 cup (110g) vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 1 cup slightly warm water
- 4 large eggs ( Vegan option - 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg.)
- 110g chopped white chocolate (add more or less as per you preference)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F (180°C Fan – 200°C – Gas 6).
2. Prepare a cake tin.I used a deep cake tin with loose base.
3. Mix well all the listed dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
4. Then add oil and water and combine well.
5. Add the 4 eggs to this mixture and with a fork/spatula mix well until the whole mixture is well combined.
6. Mix in the chopped white chocolate pieces. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
7. Bake for 60 - 80 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of the chocolate cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy this delicious One bowl easy simple moist chocolate cake!
All rights reserved. © collectingrecipes.com
Note : To make self-rising flour - Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for each 150g / 6oz / 1cup plain flour. Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk well. Use this self rising flour as part of the dry ingredients listed above.
The cake remains moist for 3 days and is suitable to be made ahead.
Amount Per Serving Calories 301 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 14g Cholesterol 65mg Sodium 634mg Carbohydrates 25g Fiber 2g Sugar 6g Protein 6g
[the_ad id=”1589″][the_ad id=”1591″][the_ad id=”1592″]
[the_ad id=”1595″][the_ad id=”1596″][the_ad id=”1600″]