An Easy Quick Flavourful Mixed vegetable rice with carrots, beans,broccoli,cauliflower, peas. This rice dish can be made quickly if there is already cooked and cooled rice.
If you prefer a hot dish add red chilli flakes as well.Enjoy!
An Easy Quick Flavourful Mixed vegetable rice with carrots, beans,broccoli,cauliflower, peas
. This rice dish can be made quickly if there is already cooked rice. If you prefer a hot dish add red chilli flakes as well.Enjoy!
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 large red onions sliced
- 4 cups (450 grams) mixed vegetable (carrots, beans,broccoli, cauliflower, peas etc) (works well with frozen veg as well)
- 4 and 1/2 cups (675 grams) cooked and cooled rice
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli flakes (optional and reduce if you wouldn't prefer it to be hot)
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper powder (optional, but enhances flavour)
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the sliced onion along with a pinch of salt and cook slowly until the onion is translucent.
- Add the vegetables and cook for approx 3-5 mins till its just cooked. (we don't want the vegetables to be overcooked.)
- If its frozen veg, microwave as per the cover instructions.. I microwaved the veg for 5 min at 900W.
- Add chilli flakes, black pepper powder, salt and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice and combine well. If the rice is dry, add a dash of olive oil and mix well. Check salt at this stage and add more if required.
- Serve warm.
All rights reserved © collectingrecipes.com
Amount Per Serving Calories 362 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 525mg Carbohydrates 57g Fiber 12g Sugar 15g Protein 11g