A Delicious moist juicy pineapple custard cake which is gluten free also! The juicy pineapple bits are refreshing and the additional egg added gives it a mix of cake and custard texture. The cake is delicious and hope you enjoy!
Other cakes :
- Dry ingredients
- 175 grams gluten-free Self-Rising flour (may substitute Self-Rising flour for non gluten-free option)
- 175 grams sugar
- 125 grams butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- cashew nuts/walnuts chopped (optional)
- Wet ingredients
- canned pineapple pieces in syrup 425 grams ( Drained weight 260g )
- 4 medium eggs ( Egg free option - 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of water to replace 1 egg.)
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F (180°C Fan – 200°C – Gas 6).
2. Line the inside of a 8” or 20cm shallow round cake tin with kitchen foil/ baking parchment.
3. Mix well all the listed dry ingredients in one bowl.
4. Mix well all the listed wet ingredients (syrup included) in another bowl.
5. Then mix both wet and dried ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix as it will result in a dense cake.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
7. Bake for 60 - 70 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of the pineapple cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
Enjoy this delicious moist juicy pineapple custard cake!
All rights reserved. © collectingrecipes.com
Note : To make self-rising flour - Add 2 teaspoons of baking powder for each 150g / 6oz / 1cup plain flour. Add the flour and baking powder into a bowl and whisk well. Use this self rising flour as part of the dry ingredients listed above.
Melt jaggery in microwave in low power.
Amount Per Serving Calories 282 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 92mg Sodium 442mg Carbohydrates 42g Fiber 1g Sugar 21g Protein 5g